Yoga is a continuous practice and discipline of unifying one’s physical, mental and spiritual aspects. Our daily yoga classes uses the combination of postures, movement, breath and mantra as a vehicle to reach a point of harmony within where the inner voice can be heard and honoured.
Practicing yoga is a discipline of constant awareness and conscious integration of the spirit, heart, mind and body in each moment, so that actions may become deliberate and less reactive due to default programming of past patterns and habits. When becoming disciplined in the practice of any form of yoga, one embarks on a path of learning self-mastery through the dedication of focus to learning about what hinders balance and what promotes balance. Yoga is a path of becoming aquatinted with our shadow and our light and learning to live harmoniously with our all-encompassing selves.
We offer the retreat space as a venue for external facilitators to book for hosting retreats, please contact us for more info.
Our resident teacher is Txarani Bianca Harmse who specialises in the modalities of Kundalini (as taught by Yogi Bhajan) and Yin Yoga. She has studied and completed her teachers training with the Gururamdas Kundalini Yoga Studio in Cape Town and the Soul Ascension School of healing arts, based in Canada.
Kundalini yoga is practice which includes postures, breath-work, mantra and mudra into a sequence known as a ‘kriya’ to invoke a certain effect. The main aim of kundalini yoga is to awaken the creative energy inside and to open the pathway for it to flow and activate your energy centers/chakras.
The practice of this Kundalini yoga is beneficial for:
- the strengthening of the nervous system;
- the balancing of the endocrine system;
- the cleansing of the circulatory, lymphatic and cerebrospinal fluid systems;
- the therapeutic massaging, strengthening and building of the musculoskeletal system;
- the optimum functionality of the brain’s neural-pathways
- and an overall lightness of heart and well-being of the body.
Through the practice of Yin yoga we connect deeply with our bodies, unifying the mind, body and spirit by the focusing of long deep breathing in the stillness of postures. Yin yoga is a physical restorative style of yoga which works on stretching the fascia in the body by holding poses for extend amounts of time. The fascia releases toxins and blockages which get flushed out of the body through the meridian lines into the elimination organs.
The benefits of practicing Yin yoga are:
- Cultivating stillness in the mind and calming the body
- Stress and anxiety reduction
- Increases cleansing of circulatory system
- Improves flexibility in the body (and mind)
- Mobility of the joints and releasing of fascia/connective tissue stiffness
- Balances internal organs
- Improves flow of prana through meridian stimulation.